These are WORTH TRYING!
I've also tried a recipe with squash and applesauce, but I can't find the recipe.
Enjoy as the weather gets warmer and zucchini gets plentiful!
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (such as Nestle Chocolatier 62% cacao chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place zucchini in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain 20 to 30 minutes. Wrap in a paper towel to wring out as much water as possible. Set aside.
Whisk together the flours, unsweetened cocoa and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg, sugars, yogurt and canola oil together. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Beat well. Stir in the zucchini. Pour into the prepared pan.