Monday, May 9, 2011

Cheese Mistake

I made a mistake.
This cheese seemed to look like swiss or something similar.  It was in a case, so I had no idea what it smelled like.  Big mistake. Do you know what people call it here?  STINKY CHEESE.  
Granted, they love it.  I think it's used to put onto a patty made from corn meal and water, then fried.  So...the taste is in the cheese.  The real kicker is that this was SO SALTY.  I tried a tiny piece to see if I could even think about serving it to the boys.  My eyes were watering it was so salty.  I guess I need to work on my palette.  
Today, a friend took us to the market to learn about some of the fruits and veggies we haven't seen before.  At the cheese booth, there were all sorts of varieties of this.  One option was "no salt".  I had the opportunity to sample, but I'm just not there yet.

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog updates! Keep em coming girl! Missing you, and glad to hear that you are doing well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love salty, stinky cheese, but i can see how it might be a surprise! :) Saw your mom the other day, and she told about reading to Mr. S a bedtime story. Miss you guys... K

    ReplyDelete